ASME B31.3 - Process Piping
Process Piping is the piping that convey fluids under pressure or vacuum within the limits of a Petroleum refinery, Chemical plant, Gas Processing plant, Pharmaceutical, Textile, Paper, Semiconductor and Cryogenic plants and related processing plants and terminals.
This standard contains rules for piping typically found in the above-mentioned plants and it prescribes requirements for materials and components, design, fabrication, assembly, erection, examination, inspection, and testing of piping.
This Code applies to piping for all fluids including..
- raw, intermediate and finished chemicals,
- petroleum products,
- gas - steam - air and water,
- fluidized solids,
- cryogenic fluids
Also included is piping which interconnects pieces or stages within a packaged equipment assembly.
Whether you are a designer involved in process piping for the first time or an expert engineer, you will find this essential new publication to be a valuable reference.
ASME B31.3 - Process Piping provides background information, historical perspective, and expert commentary on the ASME B31.3 Code requirements for process piping design and construction.
It provides the most complete coverage of the Code that is available today and is packed with additional information useful to those responsible for the design and mechanical integrity of process piping.
Following a short summary of the contents of this standard..
- Scope and Definitions
- Pressure Design of Piping Components
Pressure Design of Components
- Fluid Service Requirements for Piping Components
Fittings, Bends, Miters, Laps, and Branch Connections
Valves and Specialty Components
Flanges, Blanks, Flange Facings, and Gaskets
- Fluid Service Requirements for Piping Joints
Soldered and Brazed Joints
- Flexibility and Support
Flexibility of Piping
Specific Piping Systems
- Standards for Piping Components
Dimensions and Ratings of Components
- Fabrication, Assembly, and Erection of Piping
Bending and Forming
Assembly and Erection
- Inspection, Examination and Testing
Types of Examination
- Nonmetallic and Nonmetallic Lined Systems
- Nonmetallic Piping and Piping Lined With Nonmetals
- Pressure Design of Nonmetallic Piping Components
- Fluid Service Requirements for Nonmetallic Piping Components
- Fluid Service Requirements for Nonmetallic Piping Joints
- Flexibility and Support of Nonmetallic Piping
- Nonmetallic Materials
- Standards for Nonmetallic and Nonmetallic Lined Piping Components
- Fabrication, Assembly, and Erection of Nonmetallic and Nonmetallic Lined Piping
- Inspection, Examination, Testing, and Records of Nonmetallic and Nonmetallic Lined Piping
- High Pressure Piping
- Piping for Category M Fluid Service