Piping Material Specification
Standard No.... Doc. No....
Issue Date:.. Dec, 20192 of 15
1.1 This Standard contains the basic information for piping material and Valve specifications. The actual specifications are contained in Piping Material and Valve Specifications Manuals, available in the "Client" Intranet system. The Piping Material and Valve Specifications are considered a part of this Standard and shall be used in conjunction with this Standard.
1.1.1 These specifications are intended to supplement the full technical requirements defined in accordance with the "Client" Standards referenced below.
1.2 Where approvals are indicated in this Standard, this refers to "Client" or its designated representative, hereinafter referred to as "Client".
1.3 Any discrepancy between this Standard and other contract or procurement documents or specification, unless specifically indicated as an exception, shall be submitted by the Contractor/Manufacturer/Supplier to "Client" for a written ruling.
1.4 All measurements are expressed in U.S. Conventional System of Measurement, followed by, in parenthesis, the equivalent SI units (metric). All SI units are for reference only and shall not be interpreted as a precise conversion.
1.5 Any proposed deviations from this Standard shall be submitted in writing to "Client" for review and approval. It is the responsibility of the individual(s) who request deviation to submit a request form in a timely manner, and in accordance with "Client" Procedure SEP 107B, Preparation of Addenda to and Deviations from "Client" Engineering Standards.
2.0 CODES, STANDARDS AND REFERENCES
The latest editions of the following Codes and Standards in effect on the date of contract award shall be used.
"Client" Engineering Standards and Guidelines
- Doc. No... Piping
- Doc. No... Flanges, Bolting and Gaskets
- Doc. No... Piping Stress Analysis and Pipe Supports
- Doc. No... Piping Layout Arrangement and Accessibility
- Doc. No... Valves
- Doc. No... Piping Systems for Gaseous Oxygen Service
- Doc. No... Valve Procurement
- Doc. No... Galvanizing
- Doc. No... Coatings for Buried Steel Pipe
- Doc. No... Welding of Pressure Vessels, Piping and Tankage
- Doc. No... Temperature Instrumentation
- Doc. No... Flange Bolt-Up
- Doc. No... Substitutes for Asbestos Based Gasketing
- Doc. No... Materials of Construction for Low Temperature Service
- Doc. No... Materials of Construction (MOC) for General Services
2.2 American Petroleum Institute (API)
- API 594 Wafer Check Valves
- API 600 Steel Gate Valves, Flanged or Buttwelding Ends
- API 602 Compact Carbon Steel Gate Valves
- API 607 Fire Test for Soft-Seated Quarter Turn Valves
- API 608 Metal Ball Valves
- API 609 Butterfly Valves, Lug Type and Wafer Type
2.3 American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- ASME B1.20.1 Pipe Threads, General Purpose (inch)
- ASME B16.5 Steel Pipe Flanges and Pipe Fittings
- ASME B16.9 Wrought Steel Buttweld Fittings
- ASME B16.10 Face-to-Face and End-to-End Dimensions Ferrous Valves
- ASME B16.11 Forged Steel Fittings Socketwelding and Threaded
- ASME B16.20 Metallic Gaskets for Pipe Flanges - Ring-Joint, Spiral Wound and Jacketed
- ASME B16.21 Nonmetallic Flat Gaskets for Pipe Flanges
- ASME B16.25 Buttwelding Ends
- ASME B16.34 Steel Valves - Flanged and Buttwelding Ends
- ASME B16.36 Orifice Flanges
- ASME B16.47 Large Diameter Steel Flanges
- ASME B16.48 Steel Line Blanks
- ASME B31.1 Power Piping
- ASME B31.3 Chemical Plant and Petroleum Refinery Piping
- ASME B36.10 Welded and Seamless Wrought Steel Pipe
- ASME B36.19 Stainless Steel Pipe
- Boiler and Pressure Vessel Codes..
Section I Power Boilers
Section II Material Specifications
Section VIII Pressure Vessels, Division 1
2.4 Manufacturer Standard Society Practice (MSS)
- MSS SP-25 MSS Standard Marking System for Valves, Fittings, Flanges and Unions
- MSS SP-45 Bypass and Drain Connection Standard
2.5 Process Industry Practice (PIP)
- PIP PNSM0001 Piping Line Class Designator System
Table of contents
- Scope, codes, standards and references
General and specific requirements
Abbreviations for piping specifications
Valve tag numbering
Standard installation detail - Utility Station
Special fabricated larger diameter reducers
Four weld 90° LR Miter elbow
Two weld 45° LR Miter elbow
Perforated temporary conical strainers
Product sampler cooler
Tolerances for pipe fabrication
Line Blinds NPS 1/2 - NPS 60