- Dimensions: Top Row in Inches / Bottom Row in millimeters.
- Bottoming Clearance - X - The purpose for the bottoming clearance in a Socket Weld is usually to reduce the residual stress at the root of the weld that could occur during solidification of the weld metal, and to allow for differential expansion of the mating elements.
- Socket dimensions are in accordance with ASME B16.11. Design per MSS SP-97.
- Source comes from Bonney Forge (except the sizes in millimeters).
- Sockolet® is a registered name. Another often used name is Socket Weld Outlet.